Insight Consultants is seeking an enthusiastic, driven and media savvy (in traditional and online PR) intern to join its award-winning team, starting this coming May/June.
The successful intern will gain valuable experience working alongside a dynamic and multi-award-winning team of experienced communications professionals and across a varied client portfolio, supporting the delivery of exciting brand strategy and creative communications campaigns in a fun and focused team environment.
Insight Consultants services include: Media Relations, Consumer PR, Social, Media, Engagement, Corporate and Healthcare Communications, Political Lobbying, Crisis Management, Media and Presentation Training.
Under the supervision of an Account Executive or Account Manager an Intern is expected to:
- Perform day-to-day client account work which will normally include: media monitoring, drafting a wide range of written materials, assisting in co-ordinating events and developing and maintaining client and media contacts
- Excellent communications skills both written and spoken
- Be familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet search engines
- Have a keen interest in both consumer and public affairs
- Maintain a can do attitude for the role and a high level of proactiveness
- Work towards developing media relations skills by having a strong working knowledge of the media both in traditional and online spheres
- Manage own time for optimum productivity and have the ability to priortise tasks
- Be digitally and social media savvy and demonstrate real and tangible outcomes
- Continually seek out new ways to learn and improve skills
- Each morning newspapers to be reviewed and a synopsis of any relevant articles circulated to all staff
- Assist PR team with day–to-day press activity, media event planning activities
- Responsible for the updating of media lists and blog/vlog and other databases
- Issuing of press releases and follow up with media
- Monitoring newspapers and magazines for coverage and scanning for distribution to teams and clients
- Reporting responsibility - media evaluations and other reports as directed
- Administration: phone, stationery orders, post, taxis, couriers
- Responsible for meeting / greeting all visitors to the office
- Managing media drops
- BS/BA/MBS/MBA. Communications, journalism, marketing, business, or other. 1+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and spoken English is a necessary requirement
Does this sound like the ideal opportunity for you? Then we want to hear from you!
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org